Hearty Pasta Dinner Salad
A colorful main dish pasta salad combining sliced Hebrew National Franks, yellow peppers, peas and tomatoes tossed with a vinaigrette and served warm
Prep Time (minutes)
Total Time (minutes)
- 8 ounces dry rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (12 oz each) Hebrew National® Jumbo Beef Franks
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips (1 medium = about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; set aside. Meanwhile, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt and black pepper in large bowl to make vinaigrette dressing; set aside.
- Cut franks lengthwise in half; then slice into 1/4-inch half moons. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute. Add franks; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add drained tomatoes, bell pepper and peas. Cook an additional 5 minutes or until peas are hot and pepper is crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add pasta to dressing in bowl. Add frank mixture; toss to combine. Serve hot.
For a "lighter" version of the dressing, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and proceed with recipe as directed.
April 30, 2016
Write a Review All Fields Required
Thank You for Submitting a Review
We appreciate your feedback!
|Amount per Serving
| || ||% Daily Value*
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.