Three Bean and Franks Bake
Beef franks are combined with bell peppers, onions, and three types of beans in a sweet-and-sour sauce.
This tasty bean and beef franks dish may be prepared up to 2 hours before baking. (Keep covered and refrigerated and increase baking time by 10 minutes.) Recipe makes 16 1/2-cup side dish servings—perfect to take along to a potluck dinner.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Makes: 8 servings (1 cup each)
- 1 tablespoon Wesson® pure vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 can (16 ounces) vegetarian baked beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (15 ounces) red or kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup Hunt's® ketchup
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Hebrew National® deli mustard
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hebrew National beef franks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 350⪚ F. Cook onion and garlic in hot oil in large saucepan over medium heat 8 minutes, stirring frequently. Add bell peppers; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in baked beans, butter beans, red or kidney beans, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, and mustard; mix well. Stir franks into bean mixture. Remove from heat.
- Spoon mixture into a 2-quart casserole or 8 x 8-inch baking dish. Bake 40 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
|Serving Size 1 cup|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 342Calories from Fat|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.