Southern-Style Grilled Franks
Grilled plump beef franks served in a bun with a contemporary Southern twist—topped with a fat-free, sweet-and-sour broccoli cole slaw!
Kids will never know they are eating broccoli when you make this cole slaw! It is a colorful and delicious way to add rich vitamins to their diet. Substitute your favorite buns for a unique variation.
The broccoli cole slaw may be made several hours in advance. Cover and refrigerate. This cole slaw makes enough to serve 8 Southern-Style Grilled Hebrew National® Franks—if desired.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings (1 frank with 1/3 cup cole slaw)
- PAM® Grilling cooking spray
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Gulden's® spicy brown mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 package (12 ounces) broccoli cole slaw
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hebrew National jumbo beef franks, patted dry
- 4 brat buns
- 1/4 cup Hunt's® original barbecue sauce, divided
- Spray clean, cold grill and utensils with grilling spray. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Combine vinegar, sugar, pepper, salt, mustard, and celery seed in medium bowl. Add broccoli cole slaw and toss to combine; cover and set aside.
- Grill franks 5-10 minutes or until they are browned and heated through, turning frequently. Toast inside of buns to golden brown.
- Top each frank evenly with 1 tablespoon of barbecue sauce, then 1/3 cup broccoli cole slaw. Serve immediately. Leftover cole slaw may be served on side or with another meal.
|Serving Size 1 Frank with 1/3 cup cole slaw (213g)|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 500Calories from Fat 270|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.