Sizzling Franks with
Grilled Corn and Black Beans
Grilled beef franks are served with a mixture of grilled corn, black beans, and salsa.
For spicier flavor, use medium or hot prepared salsa. Use 1 cup frozen corn in place of corn-on-the-cob. Cook corn in a skillet with onions and peppers. Serve with tortilla chips and chopped fresh cilantro.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 7 servings (1 frank and about 1/3 cup corn and black bean mixture each)
- PAM® Grilling cooking spray
- 2 ears fresh corn, shucked
- 2 tablespoons Wesson® pure vegetable oil, divided
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hebrew National® beef franks
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for medium heat. Brush corn with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Grill corn and franks 10 minutes, or until corn is tender and franks are hot.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in bell pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add beans and salsa. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Cut corn from cobs; discard cobs. Stir corn into bean mixture. Serve with grilled franks. Top with cilantro, if desired.
|Serving Size 1 frank and 1/3 cup mixture|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 212Calories from Fat|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.