Hearty Pasta Dinner Salad
A colorful main dish pasta salad combining sliced Hebrew National® beef franks, yellow peppers, peas, and tomatoes tossed with vinaigrette and served warm.
For variety, substitute your child's favorite summer veggies or your child's favorite shaped pasta.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 6 servings (1 rounded cup each)
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, uncooked
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 package (12 ounces) Hebrew National jumbo beef franks
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, drained
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-sized strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
For a "lightened" version of this recipe, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper for dressing and proceed with recipe as directed.
Tip: Don't have white wine vinegar on hand? Substitute 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest and 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, omitting salt. Drain; set aside. Meanwhile, whisk olive oil, vinegar, salt, and black pepper together in large bowl to make dressing; set aside. Cut franks lengthwise in half; then slice into 1/4-inch-thick half moons.
- Heat large skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Add franks; cook and stir 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, and peas; cook an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until peas are hot and peppers are crisp-tender.
- Place pasta into bowl with prepared dressing. Add frank mixture; toss to coat all with dressing. Serve hot.
|Serving Size 224g|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 440Calories from Fat 240|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.