Glazed Frank Kabobs
Beef franks, corn, red onion, and bell peppers are skewered and brushed with a chili-mustard sauce.
These colorful kabobs may be assembled ahead of time, packed on ice, and taken to the park or beach to barbecue. For hickory flavor, soak 2 cups hickory chips in water, drain, and place over hot coals before grilling kabobs. Substitute frozen corn thawed for fresh corn-on-the-cob.
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Makes: 4 servings (1 kabob each)
- PAM® Grilling cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Hebrew National® deli mustard
- 1 package (16 ounces) Hebrew National 1/4-lb dinner franks, cut into 16 (1-1/2-inch) pieces
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium ears fresh corn, shucked, cut into 1-inch-thick slices
- Spray cold grate of outdoor grill with grilling spray. Prepare grill for medium heat. Combine chili sauce, brown sugar, and mustard in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Thread franks and vegetables alternately on 4 metal or heavy wooden skewers.
- Place kabobs on grill. Brush with half of the sauce; grill 5 minutes. Turn kabobs; brush with remaining sauce. Grill 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and franks are hot.
|Serving Size 1 kabob|
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 357Calories from Fat|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.